Jack J. Schwartz
New York City: (212) 725-1818
Rockland County: (845) 353-1818
Mr. Schwartz began his career as a patent agent for a Washington, D.C. law firm while attending law school at night. This position entailed performing all phases of patent prosecution before the United States Patent and Trademark Office as well as instructing foreign associates on how they should respond to actions by the foreign patent offices of the firm’s clients.
Upon earning his law degree, Mr. Schwartz became an associate attorney of a New York City patent law firm. This position entailed performing all phases of patent, trademark, and copyright law, including drafting of applications for United States Letters Patents, responding to Office Actions by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and preparing patent validity and infringement opinions.
Subsequently, and for several decades, Mr. Schwartz has maintained his own law offices his practice is in all phases of US and foreign intellectual property law.
- B.S./E.E., The George Washington University 1988
- J.D., The American University Washington College of Law 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York State Bar, 1993
- Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1994
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1994
- United States Supreme Court, May 20, 1996
- Registered United States Patent Attorney, Reg. No. 34,721